Long Time Gone Stitching
I am very pleased to be offering “Long Time Gone Stitching” as an online Block of the Month program in 2021. This counted canvaswork design is based on the Long Time Gone quilt by Jen Kingwell. It is filled with a wide variety of stitches, making it a great piece for learning about the endless design possibilities available in working this counted form of embroidery. As a quilt, it is often worked as a stash buster to use up small pieces of fabric. As a stitched piece, you can play with your colour choices and still be confident that your final piece will look gorgeous.
The Block of the Month format will be as follows.
- The class will run over eight months from February to September 2021.
- The first lesson will be emailed on Sunday, February 14 (Australian time) and thereafter lessons will be emailed on the second Sunday of every month until September.
- Each month students will be emailed notes, stitch charts and stitch cards for the blocks to be worked that month. There are 25 blocks in total plus the border and sashing, so each month’s lesson will cover three or four blocks.
- The monthly email will also include a link to detailed instructional videos covering the stitches and any helpful tips and tricks.
- Students will be able to join a private Facebook group to ask questions and share progress.
The pricing will be as follows:
- AU$85 per student for the full 8 month programme including emailed notes, stitch charts and stitch cards and access to instructional videos.
- An optional thread pack including 28 skeins of hand-dyed 6-strand silk will cost AU$140
***Thread packs are all sold out!!! But this project is a great stash buster. Just like a sampler quilt, you can choose to use a wide variety of threads from your stash***
- Australian and NZ students only: AU$20 for 24-count Congress cloth measuring 55cm x 55cm (your choice of white or ecru)
- Rest of the world students: please source your Congress cloth measuring 55cm x 55cm from your local needlepoint store to save on shipping costs.
- Shipping costs will apply if you order threads and/or fabric. I am happy to ship several orders to a group to help reduce shipping costs.
Further details and FAQs are available here: Long Time Gone Stitching – BOM 2021 Info
How to Reserve Your Place
- Send an email to email@example.com with your full name and address, letting me know if you want to order the optional thread pack and/or fabric.
- I will organise a PayPal invoice for you and then ship threads and/or fabric as soon as possible after your payment has been received.
- You will receive an email invite to join the Facebook group in early February.
- Your first instalment will be sent via email on Sunday, February 14 Australian time.