I love sharing my passion for canvaswork embroidery and sewing. I have been teaching both children and adults in various locations in Western Australia, interstate and overseas for the past nine years. It continues to be an absolute joy and privilege for me to share my knowledge and enthusiasm for this wonderful area of hand embroidery. It is also lovely to meet so many new sewing friends along the way. I’m not sure there is a better job in the world than this one 🙂 To find out more about my philosophy around teaching, read this post on my blog.
Slow Stitch Embroidery, runs over seven or eight weeks during term time for three hours every Friday morning. Slow stitch is all about enjoying the journey and process of working with needle and thread. Come and share our passion for gorgeous threads, interesting stitches, lovely designs and the simple mindful pleasure of hand embroidery. You can begin with a simple introductory project and then explore wonderful combinations of colour, pattern, thread and embellishments on projects of your own choice.
1st Term 2022: Starts Friday February 11
Session Time: 9.30am to 12.30pm
Cost: $280 for 8 sessions
You can find out more information about Tresillian classes by clicking here.
I also teach regularly for the Embroiderers’ Guild of Western Australia, the Embroiderers Guild Victoria, the Embroiderers’ Guild of South Australia, embroidery shops and private craft groups in a variety of locations around Australia.
In 2022 (and COVID permitting!), I will be teaching the following classes:
- January 4-7 mornings: Carnival Capers at Albany Summer School, Albany, WA – book here
- January 4-7 afternoons: Pretty Parterre at Albany Summer School, Albany, WA – book here
- January 10-12: Hand Sewn Bookbinding at Albany Summer School, Albany, WA – book here
- January 11&12: Celestial Twist at Albany Summer School, Albany, WA – book here
- February 20: Fabric Covered Boxes at Embroiderers’ Guild of WA – more information here
- April 30 & May 1: The View from Venice at Embroiderers’ Guild of WA – more information here
- August 7: Handsewn Bookbinding at Embroiderers’ Guild of WA
- October 6-9: Projects to be confirmed at Embroiderers’ Guild of SA, Adelaide, SA
If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact me here.